Senior Risk Manager Responsible Investments
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.7 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
Senior Risk Manager Responsible Investments
You can make a difference as Risk Manager in Investment Risk Management/ Responsible Investments (RI) team by contributing to the relatively new but immensely growing and developing domain of RI investment risk management.
As a Risk Manager your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Further develop the 2nd line risk management function with focus on Responsible Investments.
- Research / Develop and Operationalizing ESG risk framework and tools.
- Measurement and monitoring of the financial material ESG risks.
- Participating in the RI policy making and review process.
- Contribute to / Writing of risk opinions / sign-offs / risk advice on new investment proposals and products to committee investment proposals/investment committee and clients.
- Monitoring of regulatory requirements and practice.
- Monitoring external developments and trends related to RI.
- Participation in relevant projects and working groups at several levels of the organization.
- Acting as 2nd line Risk Management representative towards both internal and external stakeholders.
At APG Asset Management you will join the CFRO/IRM team which is truly global with about 35 colleagues in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong. As a second line risk management department, IRM is involved in each step of the investment decision making process starting from ALM and Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) to individual asset classes, funds, portfolios and asset lines. The broad set of responsibilities and activities is clustered in four teams: an Asset Class Risk Management, a Client Risk and Performance Management, a Risk Analytics team and a Responsible Investments team. CFRO/IRM is operating across three locations (Amsterdam, New-York and Hong-Kong) and stands out for its modus operandi, being regional agnostic which optimizes its effectiveness, efficiency, quality and level of standardization.
As risk manager you are a team player while working with considerable autonomy. You have strong analytical skills and a solution-oriented mindset. High standards for the quality of your work and your organizational sensitivity are well developed. You are authentic, able to connect and have a natural proactive approach.
Additionally we are looking for:
- An academic degree in the relevant field of expertise (Economics, Econometrics, ESG or Finance) or a similar background.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in an asset management environment of which a substantial part within a risk management role or position.
- Knowledge and experience with the focus area Responsible Investing.
- Knowledge and experience on Climate Risk.
- Digitalization trends: experience with programming is a plus, e.g. Matlab, Python, SQL.
- Knowledge of the following IT suits is a plus: Risk Manager, Bloomberg, Qlik
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on and a team player and problem solving mentality.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize between short term workload and long term projects.
- Accurate, pro-active, self-motivating.
- Proficient in English, verbal and written. Knowledge of Dutch is preferred but not mandatory.
Your salary and benefits are competitive in the Dutch labor market. We offer you a challenging and appealing work environment with excellent benefits, so you are able to continually grow on a personal and professional level, maintaining a healthy work-life balance at the same time. We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
APG is guided in this recruitment procedure by Ingrid Reichmann of Partners at Work. She will conduct the first interviews with potential candidates. A pre-employment screening and/or assessment can be part of the selection procedure. You can upload your CV and motivation by push the button 'SOLLICITEER'.
Please contact Ingrid Reichmann for more information via 035-5480760 / 06-46238666 firstname.lastname@example.org