Associate / Manager
Kearney is a leading management consulting firm with offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, we have been trusted advisors to the world’s foremost organizations. We are a partner-owned firm committed to helping clients achieve success. Kearney is the place for top performers who know who they are, and who always stay curious as to what else they might become. From your first day, our entrepreneurial culture will help you make an impact at every level.
What makes Kearney unique
Kearney is the only global partnership that works with the world’s largest companies and is small enough to feel like a family. Kearney combines a global top-performing organization with down-to-earth office culture.
As a global consulting partnership, our people make us who we are. We’re individuals who take as much joy from those we work with as the work itself. Driven to be the difference between a big idea and making it happen, we help our clients break through. We serve more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500 with curiosity, boldness, generosity, solidarity, passion, and genuine commitment to client success.
Kearney allows you to push yourself to achieve your dreams while staying true to who you are. As a strategy consultant at Kearney, you will build teams, ideas and futures. We encourage you to be yourself and give you the freedom to contribute creatively, while you also take the time to pursue your passions. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day— a dynamic that has defined our culture for more than 90 years. From day one, you will be an integral part of this.
No two client engagements are alike. As a Kearney consultant, you will work alongside our clients, rather than working on projects from a distance. Typical responsibilities include leading client and analyst teams, recommending and implementing actions that you create with colleagues, and writing proposals. We will nurture your entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on experience that will positively influence the rest of your career.
Training is a crucial component of your introduction to the firm. A variety of opportunities, often led by our own best and brightest consultants, from managers to partners, will expand your consulting knowledge and allow you to explore new areas of interest.
Our training approach also lets you meet and network with colleagues from across the globe for an enriching experience. We take a tailored approach to performance management and career advancement, so your role grows as rapidly as your performance warrants. You will benefit from our global scale and capability, as well as from the speed and nimbleness of our close-knit teams.
What we seek
We are searching for associates and managers to join our Amsterdam office.
There is no standard model for Kearney associates. We look for talented problem-solvers with intellectual curiosity who are ready to be active members of a client- and project team. Associates are typically involved in every phase of an engagement; from pre-proposal research to setting the client up for implementation.
- Leading workstream teams as part of project delivery work; recommending and implementing co-created actions alongside the client.
- Leading workshops;
- Driving insightful analyses;
- Developing solution and new strategies;
- Contribute to pursuit of new business opportunities.
The following qualifications are preferred for an Associate:
- A proven record of academic excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- An innovative and collaborative approach to problem-solving and developing solutions
- Natural self-direction, with the ability to operate in ambiguity and learn quickly
- Eagerness to collaborate, coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
- 4 to 8 years of progressive responsibility and performance in a rigorous environment, such as a global or Fortune 500 company or consulting firm.
- For our Amsterdam office, we require fluency in Dutch and English.
At Kearney, Managers know how to inspire and excite their talented, driven, and creative colleagues. They lead the day-to-day direction of client projects. They problem-solve the biggest challenges the project runs into, together with the full team. Managers develop and champion consulting teams, ensuring the delivery of impeccable, superior work to clients. The manager is the daily counterpart for client and manages the change needed, and off course works closely together with the Kearney senior leadership on the project.
- Lead client stakeholder management activities;
- Structure the work and lead the thinking process;
- Manage and deliver excellent quality work;
- Manage and develop the consulting team;
- Adhere to budgets and schedules;
- Demonstrate functional competence and industry knowledge;
- Contribute to extending work and developing new business opportunities .
The following qualifications are preferred for a Manager:
- 6 to 10 years of working experience, usually in the field of consulting (at least as part of their tenure)
- Same skills and competences as Associates as mentioned above, complemented with:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in leading complex teams
- Strong (functional) expertise in an industry domain
- Deeply rooted entrepreneurial spirit, with strong bias to pursue business growth
- For our Amsterdam office, we require fluency in Dutch and English.
Upon proven success, Associates and Managers will be able to move up the ranks to Principal and, eventually, Partner.
What you can expect
- We work in a collegial way. From day one, you work with our firm’s best talent and have access to Kearney's global experts. This allows you to give it all while having your Kearney team to back you up anytime!
- We value collaboration. We prefer teamwork over flying solo. Our collaborative culture is core to what we do. You will work alongside Kearney and client team members to jointly solve our clients most important issues to get them ready to take on tomorrow’s world.
- We drive change. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term. We challenge ourselves to develop the best solutions and get client teams on board to drive it to the finish.
Kearney is guided in this recruitment process by Christine Changoer and Nicole Boevé, partners at Partners at Work. They will conduct the first interviews with potential candidates. Subsequently, the best suitable candidates are assigned to Kearney. Based on this, a few candidates are invited for the sequel. Part of the selection process is obtaining references and advice from public sources. A pre-employment screening and/or assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
If you are interested in this job, upload your CV and motivation via 'SOLLICITEER'.
For more information please contact Christine Changoer or Nicole Boevé by phone +31 35 548 0760 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.Solliciteer