CFO Perpetual Next
Perpetual Next is looking for a seasoned finance professional that can guide the company through the next phase of growth. A great opportunity for an experienced finance executive that is passionate about the urgency of climate change and is motivated making a difference.
About Perpetual Next
Perpetual Next (hereafter 'PN’) was founded in June 2019 as an amalgamation of several sustainable investments started in 2012 by Dutch entrepreneurs (Momentum Capital) with an international investment scope. PN is a climate technology based company with an industrial foundation, that is committed to reduce the impact of climate change by offering its client base carbon neutral solutions as raw materials, products and technologies. The company has a range of climate technologies at its disposal that re-use organic waste streams and converts these into valuable fossil- replacing carbon based raw materials, fuels, and products for industries, such as steel, cement, chemical, agricultural and others.
Through further developing our leading technologies and making its products available to industries, we make an impact in contribution to a better world for generations to come. The company has operations in The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Belgium, Estonia and is expanding further internationally. The headquarters of the company is based in Amsterdam.
To accelerate the growth of the business and to professionalize the organization, PN is currently seeking new financial leadership to help drive the company through this next phase.
The Chief Financial Officer (hereafter ‘CFO’) will report to the Chairman/CEO and play a key role in the senior management team of PN. Based in Amsterdam, the CFO will professionalize the financial infrastructure that will serve as the foundation for the company's growth.
The CFO will manage all financial and business planning activities. The CFO will lead a team with international finance professionals, overseeing financial analysis and planning, accounting and controls, cash management, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, stakeholder relations, treasury, legal, tax, audit, risk management and financial modelling.
The CFO will have a strong focus on M&A, defining and executing the funding strategy for PN to realize its growth ambitions, including bridge funding until the 2nd round of fundraising of B-series shares, and preparing the company for all aspects of an IPO in the period after. Furthermore, the CFO is responsible for the IT of PN.
Profile and requirements
The ideal candidate is experienced with building and professionalizing a finance function. He/she is a proactive strategic financial executive who is decisive, has a sense of urgency, is result-oriented, and possesses effective communication skills to successfully operate in a changing and growing environment.
The CFO must have experience in full P&L and balance sheet management, cash flow management, analysis and financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting. The successful candidate brings demonstrated experience in presenting financial information to the shareholders and (eventually) an advisory board of directors.
Furthermore, the candidate has strong experience in defining and executing successful funding strategies, debt and equity markets, mergers and acquisitions, and brings a network from the finance industry. The candidate is familiar with private equity or venture capital and has affinity with or has been closely involved, in an IPO trajectory. The CFO understands the requirements and has preferably experience as a CFO in a scale-up company.
We are looking for
- 15+ year experience in successfully leading finance teams in an international setting;
- A visible, hands-on strategic leader with strong business partnering skills and team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Self-aware, self-confident with a proven track record as a people manager;
- Enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment and has the ability and mindset to
- maintain focus in setting of the company’s structure and maintaining financial discipline as required for seasonal reporting according to international standards;
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to formulate and present analysis and arguments in a clear, crisp and concise manner to different stakeholders both internal and external;
- Clear affinity with the impact goals of PN. Believes in entrepreneurship and innovation to counter environmental issues.
- Academic background
Perpetual Next offers
- Work within an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-growing scale-up company;
- A CFO role where you can apply your experience and make significant impact on the future of PN;
- An international and dynamic work environment;
- A vibrant office space in Amsterdam;
- A competitive compensation package in line with the responsibilities, including an attractive long-term incentive plan;
- Highly motivated working environment and passionate team making impact and driving change.
Perpetual Next, for a beautiful new industry
Perpetual Next is supported in this procedure by Ingrid Reichmann (lead) and Nicole Boevé, partners at Partners at Work. They will conduct the search and the first interviews with the candidates.
The selection procedure will include multiple interview rounds with Partners at Work and Perpetual Next. An extensive pre-employment screening will be part of the selection process. An assessment can be part of the selection process.
You can upload your Resume and Motivation via the link SOLLICITEER
Please contact Ingrid Reichmann via 035 – 548 0760 for more information.Solliciteer