D&E Quality Director
ASML is a world leader in the manufacturing of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products. With every generation, the complexity of producing integrated circuits with more functionality increases. Semiconductor manufacturers need partners that provide technology and complete process solutions. ASML is committed to providing customers with leading edge technology that is production-ready at the earliest possible date. ASML technology is supported by process solutions, enabling customers to gain and sustain a competitive edge in the marketplace. ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California, Taiwan and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan and the United States. Overall, ASML has more than 80 locations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
To define and implement, in coordination with the D&E Cluster Quality Managers and aligned with DE management and other sectors, the mid to long term Quality strategy and roadmap for the D&E Cluster. Drive and enable operational (Quality) performance, and lead and direct organizational development and process improvement in such a way as to ensure that the Quality targets of the Business are met. Last but not least, drive the Quality mindset change in the D&E Cluster to reduce waste & costs of non-quality and improves internal- and external Customer Satisfaction.
As D&E Quality Director you direct and manage the Global Quality agenda of the D&E organization, together with the D&E Quality community, aligning goals with all stakeholders in D&E and collaborating with other sectors.
Position in the organization
As Quality Director you report to the cluster head of the Quality & Business Performance cluster in D&E Performance & Integration. The (about 15) Cluster Quality Managers of the D&E clusters will report dotted line to you. There is a small team of direct reports, viz. about 3 Quality program managers. You will have interfaces to Development and Quality partners in D&E and collaborate with other sectors like Factory, CS and Business Performance Improvement on e.g. joint quality initiatives.
- As a member of the D&E Q&BP Cluster MT, contribute to the strategy, business plan and its execution for the Cluster and translate to annual plan for D&E Quality. Contribute to the success of the cluster by taking ownership beyond the scope of own function.
- Represent D&E in all ASML Quality activities (e.g. at Global Quality table).
- Lead the global D&E Quality community (around 70FTE Cluster Quality Managers + Quality Managers) and grow the Quality community in skills and experience.
- Develop, align cross D&E clusters, maintain and drive execution of the D&E Quality improvement roadmap.
- Use KPIs to monitor progress on quality goals. Reflect and challenge D&E management on status quo/progress to drive towards goals.
- Drive a (First Time Right) Quality culture in D&E.
- Translate relevant internal and external developments with regard to D&E Quality and initiate new ways of working to optimize (end/internal) Customer satisfaction and in balance with the business drivers.
- Ensure projects are feasible (decide on trade-offs between impact and resource requirements, review project plans, technical content and budgets); monitor that projects are delivered as planned.
- Ensure Quality related elements for ISO 9001 certification.
- Supervise & coach CQM’s in their role to implement, ASML standard risk mgt practices towards meeting their targets.
- Develop new quality initiatives and processes together with other clusters and sectors. Execute change management with regards to the implementation of quality improvements.
- Collect & cascade into D&E the Customer (external & internal) feedback on Product Quality and Quality of D&E deliverables and translates the D&E Voice of Customer (CQN, DOA and SW patch hits) into relevant actions and standards across D&E clusters
- Manage Customer Complaints with D&E organization to ensure cycle time of reply & resolution via the Cluster Quality Managers.
- Empowers employees to deliver quality and act with a customer first mindset. Promotes quality behavior.
The position requires a seasoned professional with knowledge in the field of quality, operational excellence and risk management in an international, high-tech environment. Managerial complexity in this role is high due to the heavy stakeholder management required, with a need for change management in order to embed quality assurance within the D&E sector. The person in the role needs to build bridges, not only within the D&E organization, but also X-sector to other sectors, business lines, supply chain management, manufacturing, and CS. In addition, the role has strong interfaces with the Global Quality organization.
Travelling is not a structural part of the role, however alignment with the D&E teams around the world and visiting other locations of ASML and customers is preferred on ad-hoc base.
Master’s degree or PhD, background in Engineering or Science.
10+ years of experience in the international high-tech industry, of which:
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Quality Management role or comparable area.
- Proven leadership and experience in leading international teams spread over multiple continents.
- Understanding of development quality and experience in embedding quality in an organization while balancing multiple business driver (e.g. innovation speed, cost)
- Understanding of way-of-working in leading-edge product development organizations.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings in highly ambiguous environments.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both internal as well as external.
Leadership and behavioral competencies and skills
As business leader
- Business insight
- Manages complexity
- Decision quality
- Balances stakeholders
- Cultivates innovation
- Strategic mindset
- Ensures accountability and drives results
As people leader
- Develops talent
- Builds effective teams
- Instills trust
As role model
- Leads by examples
- Encourage open conversations
- Strong personality: a team player, decisive, taking initiative and giving direction;
- Ability to influence without power;
- Excellent presentation, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Self-starter, goal oriented, high-level of professionalism;
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills;
- Solution minded/pragmatic.
ASML is supported in this procedure by Nicole Boevé (lead) and Karen Kragt, partners at Partners at Work. They will conduct the search and the first interviews with the candidates. The selection procedure will include multiple interview rounds with Partners at Work and ASML. An extensive pre-employment screening will be part of the selection process. An assessment can be part of the selection process.
You can upload your Resume and Motivation via the link SOLLICITEER.
Please contact Nicole Boevé or Karen Kragt via 035 – 548 0760 for more information.Solliciteer