Director Finance & Operations
Vacancy Director of Finance & Operations Oxfam Novib
36 hours a week
Oxfam Novib is looking for a Director of Finance & Operations to enable their impact and ambitions.
A great opportunity for a Director of Finance & Operations to be part of a global movement of people with the shared mission for a just and sustainable world. They stand together in solidarity with courageous activists demanding radical change: from tackling injustice in trade and tax systems, and demanding ambitious and fair climate policies, to championing equal rights for all. Oxfam Novib brings people, businesses and governments together and challenges them to realize change. All over the world and in the Netherlands.
Oxfam Novib is an organization with a strong constituency of Dutch supporters and more than 65 years of experience in international cooperation. They are part of the Oxfam confederation that is active in 90 countries to bring a strong and united voice to the world stage. Together with our colleagues, partners and local communities, we work on systemic change and concrete results for people.
They seek a director committed to Oxfam Novib’s core values of empowerment, accountability, inclusiveness, courage, solidarity and equality. Particularly a director that gives meaning to the feminist principles and value of inclusion.
The Director of Finance & Operations will lead the department committed to enabling the organization to achieve its goals through operational expertise and support to internal teams, projects, Oxfam country offices and external partners.
The Finance & Operations department consists of seven units and about 110 employees. Four functional units (Corporate Finance, Quality and Control; ICT and Facilities; HR, People and Culture; Integrity) form the backbone of the organizational services. Two expertise units (Project Control and Donor Compliance) monitor professional standards and second experts to programmatic teams. The Global Business Support unit provides direct support to a number of Oxfam country offices.
The Director of Finance & Operations is part of Oxfam Novib's Board of Directors. The Board of Directors further consists of the Executive Director, Director of Programs and Director of Engagement. All Directors are accountable to the Board of Supervisors.
As a statutory member of the Board of Directors, you have final responsibility for the organization. This means that you steer the development of strategies, policies, budgets and a safe and inclusive organizational culture, based on Oxfam Novib's mission and core values.
As Director of Finance & Operations, you oversee day-to-day affairs in the department, monitor progress of current priorities and further shape an agenda to make the department a true enabler of the impact and ambitions we aim to achieve as an organization in the coming years.
You do this together with the seven unit managers of the Finance & Operations Management Team, who you will support to lead their teams in an equitable, inclusive, empowering and effective way, while ensuring close cooperation with the other departments. You are also responsible for contributing to important (reform) processes within the Oxfam International confederation.
Who are they looking for?
- You have an inclusive leadership style; you are people driven, an excellent communicator and coach, you accept and enjoy diversity, sensitive for cultural differences, have excellent coaching skills and are able to facilitate diverse, transparent and inclusive processes.
- You are a strategic thinker, convener and do-er, who endorses and promotes Oxfam Novib's mission and values and is able to motivate teams towards reaching a shared vision.
- You have an educational background in business administration, finance, accounting or a related field and bring senior management experience in the field of finance and operations.
- You are a networker, able to establish and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- You have sound experience with all aspects associated with the planning and budget cycle and managing risk, impact and result. You have a proven track record of professionalizing business operations.
- You have experience with all aspects of human resources, including labour relations. You have experience in leading cultural and organizational change processes.
- You demonstrate high standards of integrity and are familiar with tools, mechanisms and responsibilities to prevent and respond to cases of fraud, corruption and other forms of misconduct.
- You have an understanding of the operational opportunities and challenges of the non-governmental sector, relevant principles, rules and regulations and the dynamics of working in an international setting.
- You are fluent in English (both oral and written) and preferably in Dutch. Good command of French or another relevant language is an asset.
What are they looking for?
Oxfam Novib is determined to offer you a motivating workplace. They believe that people flourish in a working environment where the values of equality, empowerment, solidarity, inclusiveness, accountability and courage are central.
Oxfam Novib offers a competitive and fair employment package, which they can justify to the donors. The salary of director positions within Oxfam Novib is based on the guidelines of Goede Doelen Nederland. The gross salary for this full-time position is appropriate to the severity of the position. Directors are appointed first for a term of four years, which then can be extended twice.
Oxfam Novib want to lead by example on diversity equity and inclusion of its organisation and staff. They are committed to have women, people faced with socio-economic challenges, of colour, with other abilities and from the LGBTQI+ community explicit part of our work force. Therefore, they strongly encourage people with these identities or with other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam Novib is guided in this recruitment procedure by Christine Changoer and Josephine van der Vossen, partners at Partners at Work. They will conduct the first interviews with potential candidates. A pre-employment screening and/or assessment can be part of the selection procedure. You can upload your CV and motivation via SOLLICITEER
Please contact Partners at Work for more information; 035 – 548 0760.Solliciteer