Investor Relations Director
POSITION: Investor Relations Director
Do you want to be part of an emerging private equity manager with a German-Dutch investment focus? And do you want to build long-term relationships in the European investment management industry?
Rhein Invest is looking for you!
In order to accelerate and structure our fund-raising approach and further professionalize our investor services, Rhein Invest is hiring an Investor Relations Director.
Amstelveen-based Rhein Invest provides professional growth capital and expertise to small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in the German-Dutch market and was founded by Kevin Heerema and Jan Middelburg. Both have strong affinity with, and experience in, supporting SMEs financially and operationally. Rhein Invest gets involved with companies that have sustainable fundamentals, aspire to take the next step in their development and seek an ambitious and entrepreneurial shareholder.
As a shareholder, Rhein Invest adds tangible value to companies, e.g., in planning for growth and succession, in creating strategic focus and in scaling up through acquisitions (buy-and-build). We operate as an active sparring partner and focus on value creation, while the management team acts as an entrepreneur and steers the company from day to day. Rhein Invest has capital commitments from families, high-net-worth individuals and its founders, who as fund managers have full discretion over the funds. Our approach is characterized by a long-term investment focus, sound citizenship regarding social, environmental and governance themes, and prudent financial structuring.
Currently Rhein Invest has two funds under management, both with focus on the DACH countries and the Netherlands, with six portfolio companies, half of which based in Germany. The first fund closed in 2021 and the second fund’s first close took place in 2022Q4. Rhein Invest will manage approximately EUR 150m by YE 2023 (total fund commitments).
Rhein Invest’s multinational team consists of seven investment professionals (three Germans and four Dutch). With the growth of the assets under management, the team will expand further with two additional colleagues in the coming months – an IR Director and a German-speaking Investment Associate completing the set-up for 2023. Office languages are German and English, and sometimes Dutch.
What distinguishes Rhein Invest
- Long-term focus. Our fund structures allow us to commit to a long-term investment strategy without running out of time or money. We create value for our investors, and the only way to do so is to create value in our portfolio companies by growing and developing them over time.
- Successions specialists. Succession of an entrepreneur is often a key concern for the long-term success of an SME. We plan succession together, whereby governance, management and ownership are all part of the equation. New management needs a real mandate and should also be a shareholder, but all in good time – this can be from the outset or after some time, whatever is best in each specific situation.
- Value creation. Driven by innovation, investment and discipline, we have a clear value creation strategy from the outset – and in-house expertise to help SMEs to realize it. We are active shareholders but allow managers to remain entrepreneurs, to achieve success together.
We are looking for an Investor Relations Director who services our investors and is their primary point of contact. The IR Director is the counterpart for our investors for all LP-related matters like portfolio performance, fund dynamics, financial and non-financial reporting, but also chairs the annual investor meeting.
Rhein Invest's investor base consists of (U)HNWI and family offices alongside the investment team. For its second investment fund, Rhein Invest is in conversations with European fund-of-fund investors and other institutional capital providers. In this position you will manage due diligence processes for new investors, organize roadshows and guide onboarding processes, but also participate in the active approach of potential new investors. The IR Director will be the main liaise for these LP relationships.
In this role you coordinate all fund related corporate matters and work closely together with Rhein Invest’s fund administrator, Apex Group, on reporting, fund accounting, client on- and off-boarding, compliance and data management. You will be in frequent contact with both German and Dutch lawyers, tax consultants and other advisors to help with structuring and setting up investment vehicles.
European business travels will be required as part of the assignment in order to build and maintain personal relationship in the European investment management industry.
You will be responsible, but not exclusively, for the following work streams and work closely with and report into the company’s directors/ fund managers:
- Business Development
- Engage with institutional investors, family offices and (U)HNWI’s building a high-quality investor base;
- Orchestrate the funding process for existing and subsequent investment funds;
- Preparing materials to support fundraising (PPMs, data room management, pitchbooks) and due diligence processes;
- Participate in European PE congresses.
- Investor Services
- Primary point of contact for the investor base;
- You will be engaging with investors for the purpose of ongoing queries, reports and future fundraising;
- Preparation of press releases and deal announcements for all new investments and completed exits;
- Organizing investor meetings and annual general meetings.
- Fund Accounting
- Responsible for fund administration (outsourced to Apex Group);
- Maintain contact with external parties such as lawyers / tax specialists / civil-law notaries for establishing investment vehicles;
- Process capital calls & distributions;
- Manage annual report audit;
- Compliance & ESG.
Your Experience & Skills
- You have experience in private markets (10+ years);
- You have a professional background in private equity, private debt, wealth management, private placement or alternative asset management;
- You have knowledge of how private investment funds are structured and operate;
- Flawless English written and verbal communication skills. German or Dutch language skills are not required;
- Having a relevant network in Europe is a plus;
- You are a self-starter, discrete, pro-active team player and have an eye for detail;
- You are passionate about high-quality communications, in particular, writing for institutional investor audiences;
- Good financial acumen able to disseminate complex data and information into investor friendly content;
- You are able to build personal relationships and cope with cultural differences.
A challenging position in a dynamic company with a view on the future. Be part of a professional team with an informal atmosphere in an entrepreneurial environment. Offices are based in Amstelveen, with hybrid working being part of the modus operandi under a permanent contract with the flexibility of a four-day work week. Taking into account your background and work experience, the remuneration for this role is competitive. For this role co-investment opportunities in Rhein Invest funds are part of the package.
Rhein Invest is supported in this procedure by Christine Changoer and Ingrid Reichmann from Partners at Work. They will conduct the search. The selection procedure will include multiple interview rounds with Partners at Work and Rhein Invest. An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
You can upload your CV and motivation via the link SOLLICITEER
Please contact Christine Changoer via 035 – 548 0760 for more information.Solliciteer