Managing Director Equities
Established almost 100 years ago to manage capital for the Brenninkmeijer family, Anthos Fund & Asset Management has provided comprehensive values-based asset management and investment advisory services in numerous asset classes to the family, their philanthropies and pension funds of group entities.
Clients benefit from tailored expert management across equities, fixed income, real estate, private equity, alternative investments and on an overall portfolio level.
Based on a tradition of purpose, excellence, collaboration, client focus and passion, our approach has a long-term track record of outperforming benchmarks while contributing to the common good. We are a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment and we have a long track record in the field of impact investing and responsible investing, embedded across our investment process. More information can be found on anthosam.com.
Anthos Fund & Asset Management is part of the COFRA holding. Family-owned for six generations, COFRA is united around a common mission – to amaze customers and be a force for good. The enterprise cares deeply about people and the communities it serves, striving to have a lasting positive impact on society and the environment. More information can be found on cofraholding.com.
Anthos allocates its client capital to six distinct asset classes: Bonds, Equities, Real Estate, Absolute Return strategies, Private Equity, and Impact Investing. For each asset class there is a team of highly experienced investment professionals that allocates to external managers. Teams are supported by an internal team of analysts, an operations-function as well as several shared COFRA resources.
This role is part of a co-head structure within the asset class team Equities. The MD reports to the Head of Investment Department.
Purpose of the job
The candidate will work closely with the other asset class MD as joint portfolio managers to primarily deliver on the various asset class ‘fund of fund’ mandates for respective clients. For active mandates this generally involves integrating RI while striving for outperformance in a risk controlled manner with always the best interest of the client in mind.
This typically involves a proven track record in managing investment portfolios as well as a proven ability to source new managers, to independently perform due diligence on external managers and with the aim of creating a setting, in collaboration with the other MD, that rewards initiative and encourages mutual challenging of ideas before implementing a joint (4-eye) investment decision.
Key Result Areas
- Further develop and implement the asset class strategy.
- Execute a disciplined and systematic process to identify new opportunities, prioritise research and document findings.
- Contribute to product development.
- Perform due diligence on investment managers and funds – resulting in a comprehensive, succinct due diligence memo and conduct regular monitoring meetings.
- Collaborate with other asset class specialists to increase cross fertilization.
- Enhance the Responsible Investing strategy for the asset class to make it more specific to each underlying investment strategy.
- Effectively manage client relationships. Reporting results on a monthly basis and regularly discuss performance, strategy and outlook.
- Adhere to all best practices and regulations in terms of compliance, due diligence processes, risk and reporting.
- Master’s degree preferably complemented with a CFA/VBA
- Measurable expertise with a track record in the respective asset class
- A seasoned professional with relevant work experience within the investment management industry (minimum of 10 years)
- The ability to build solid and trusted relationships, strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- A team player at heart
- In-depth knowledge of investment products and the institutional investment process
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This position requires frequent travel.
Anthos is guided in this recruitment procedure by Ingrid Reichmann and Josephine van der Vossen of Partners at Work. They will conduct the first interviews with potential candidates. A pre-employment screening and/or assessment can be part of the selection procedure. You can upload your CV and motivation via the link below. Please contact Partners at Work for more information; 035 – 548 0760.