Partner Deals Strategy
PwC Deals Strategy
PwC is the global leader in transaction and deal advisory with over 100 partners plus over 1000 team members. PwC’s Deals Strategy team supports private equity and corporate clients, across the deal lifecycle: From initial investment strategy development to commercial due diligence, to value creation post-close and exit, PwC helps its clients to drive growth.
The Deals Strategy team is part of PwC’s Deals practice, which is made up of about 290 professionals. They offer support in all aspects of a transaction: from strategy and corporate finance to valuations, integrated due diligence (financial, strategic, operational and IT) and post-merger integration. In addition, they work closely with other transaction specialists and industry teams within PwC. Both in the Netherlands and internationally.
PwC the Netherlands has more than 5000 people operating from twelve offices and from three different perspectives: Assurance, Tax & Legal and Advisory. PwC wants their service offerings and delivery to contribute to the solution of important problems and help to build trust in society. ‘In this way we want to add value for our clients, our people and society at large.’
The Deals Strategy team is hiring a Director / Partner
Put your experience to work right at the intersection between strategy and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). Combine strategic consultancy work with the dynamic world of M&A. Help medium-to-large corporates, private-equity houses, and their management at both buyers and sellers side to make strategic choices. For acquisitions, of course, but also whenever other important strategic themes are at play such as market entry, portfolio decisions or business unit strategy. So it’s about C-level conversations with your clients, which you conduct within a senior consulting team.
The Candidate’s Main Responsibility
- increase the market share of PwC within the Deals strategy market and across the whole deal value creation process;
- be one of the key driving forces to further develop the impact and reputation of the practice group;
- offer a strong network with (large cap) PE funds and corporates;
- further develop and strengthen key strategic relationships to the private equity (particularly large cap funds), investment banking and corporate M&A ecosystem;
- focus on winning business in the Industrial Products verticals with large and mid-cap enterprises;
- foster a close collaboration with the PwC transaction practice group to leverage the overall market power, knowledge and client base;
- hire/develop best in class talent on each level, with a particular focus on Value Creation topics, to make the ESG Deals team even more powerful.
The Candidate’s Experience & Expertise
- minimum of 10 years’ experience in a leading strategy consulting/advisory role;
- commercial drive with the ability to scaling up a practice and to personally generate revenues: building a successful business;
- deep understanding of all aspects of the deals cycle (Strategy, Due Diligence and Value Creation);
- strong project track record and trusted relationships on C- level with large and mid-cap PE funds and corporates sector;
- fluent in Business English and preferably Dutch;
- master degree, additional MBA or PhD preferred.
The Candidate’s Leadership DNA & Personality
- a strategic thinker with high results orientation; someone who is thoughtful and considered, with a team oriented, collaborative nature who is used to work and lead in a matrix;
- a modern, transformational leader with a service and always “client first” mindset;
- a person with a passion to disrupt and challenge the status quo and lead innovation;
- highly experienced in building and leading teams in complex project set ups under immense time and results pressure;
- ability to attract, maintain, and develop best in class talent; a great motivator, capable of enabling and inspiring the team to go the extra mile.
- honesty, integrity, accountability, sustainability, fairness, openness, trust, respect, drive & passion and diversity as core values;
- a charismatic, winning and approachable character with a positive mindset and high emotional and social competence;
- strongly initiative and determined, explicit entrepreneurial and go-to-market DNA;
- highly analytic problem solver, conceptually strong with a high degree of foresight, forward looking and thinking dexterity;
- transparent, authentic and consistent, walks the talk; direct and truthful, but at the same time able to keep secrets;
- highly resilient and adaptable, comfortable in challenging the status quo, no fear of conflicts and not afraid to take tough decisions where required.
PwC is guided in this recruitment procedure by Ingrid Reichmann and Nicole Boevé of Partners at Work, who will conduct the first interviews with potential candidates. A pre-employment screening and an assessment will be part of the selection procedure. The procedure will also include a business plan presentation.
If you are interested you can contact Partners at Work (Ingrid or Nicole) for more information; 035 – 548 0760, or upload your cv by push the button SOLLICITEER.Solliciteer