Regional Team Lead EMEA Client Servicing
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers….
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are…
The new EMEA Client Services team are looking for a new Regional Team Lead, to help drive forward the client experience agenda and ensuring we realise our ambition for Client Services to be a key part of our “go-to-market” value proposition. You will need to be experienced in the key areas of Relationship Management and Sales Enablement, predominately in the Wholesale space.
As Team Lead, you will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of management as this will be instrumental in bringing together the legacy CTI and BMO service organisations and creating a new integrated function that combines the best of BMO and CTI.
You will be a champion for client experience within the firm, ensuring that all functions work towards that common goal of ensuring the ‘client is in the room.’
The role will also involve supporting client relationships and direct client responsibilities for the Benelux region.
How you’ll spend your time…
- To support the sales teams to enable them to scale and drive productivity across the sales Lifecyle, as well as supporting clients directly predominately in the Wholesale channel. Key services include, prospecting support, sales planning, supporting MI requests and competitive analysis, client meetings and reviews, pre-sign operational design, client communications, client queries, client reporting, and drive developments and requirements for MI and technology.
- In the smaller European offices with limited coverage and staff, you and your team will also support Institutional sales enablement and client service with support from the Institutional Client Service team.
- Maintain tiering strategy where appropriate.
- Ensure that the function monitors and manages its operational and compliance risk effectively, following all policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the overall training, productivity, performance, and results of the function, building a diverse, resilient, and flexible team, nurturing talent, and excellence.
- Management and development of excellent relationships across the business especially with sales, marketing, and operations, legal and finance.
- As a key member of the Benelux team you will build strong relationships with our Benelux clients ranging from global financial institutions and wealth managers to pension funds and Insurance Companies. Working with the in-country sales team you will gain in-depth understanding of our clients requirements and become their trusted long-term partner
- Providing team and client support on both a proactive and reactive basis, pre-empting where possible and responding to client requests, progressing internal aspects of the Onboarding, Sales Procedure and Wholesale and Institutional – Client Services Procedures.
The role is an integral part of the sales process and involves a variety of activities, including:
- Frontline for client queries and requests from clients and prospects ensuring they are answered in a timely and accurate manner and recorded on our Client Relationship Management system;
- Assistance with Fund presentations for conferences, roadshows and in-house meetings;
- Attendance at meetings and conference calls with clients, prospects, fund managers, and ratings agencies;
- Co-ordination and completion of internal activities in support of the Sales team, including client due diligence, share class requests and implementation of procedural controls;
- Co-ordination of despatch of Fund literature e.g. factsheets, portfolios, commentaries;
- Arranging meetings, seminar invitations;
- Occasional attendance at external events on a local and regional basis as required;
- Escalate errors and risks as appropriate;
- Sharing of best practices, business development ideas and sales & marketing solutions with colleagues to aid the growth and development of CTI.
To be successful in this role you will have…
Native Dutch speaker, fluent in English
- Strong management skills, used to dealing with a fast-paced environment, with conflicting priorities
- Track record in leading sales support and relationship management teams.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Direct client relationship experience.
- Good investment management experience including solid understanding of fund management, financial instruments, administration processes, performance analysis, reporting and regulation.
- Excellent IT skills, including fluency in all standard packages and systems including CRM software.
Columbia Threadneedle is guided in this recruitment procedure by Josephine van der Vossen, partner at Partners at Work. She will conduct the first interviews with potential candidates. A pre-employment screening and/or assessment can be part of the selection procedure. You can upload your CV and motivation via SOLLICITEER
Please contact Partners at Work for more information; 035 – 548 0760.Solliciteer