Sales Director EMEA Sustainability Gresb
Sales Director EMEA – Sustainability (Amsterdam)
GRESB, the global ESG benchmark for real assets, is recruiting a Sales Director to join the Amsterdam-based team.
GRESB was launched by a group of large pension funds who wanted to have a better engagement with their managers on sustainability issues. In the intervening years, we have grown to become the leading Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) benchmark for real estate and infrastructure investments across the world.
Our ESG data and benchmarks now cover over USD 5.3 trillion in real estate and infrastructure value and are used by more than 100 institutional investors to make decisions that lead to a more sustainable world.
We have an engaged community of asset managers who are proud to participate in our annual benchmarking process and a group of inspirational industry partners and ESG service providers who amplify our reach.
The GRESB team comes from diverse backgrounds with experience spanning climate, sustainability, data science, software development, real estate, infrastructure, and the capital markets. We’re passionate about tackling the sustainability challenge by providing the insights that will power the markets of the future and enable investors to allocate the world’s capital in a more responsible way.
We are an energetic group of 35 people, covering many different nationalities, located in Amsterdam, with satellite offices in Washington DC and Sydney. We care deeply about creating a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone feels comfortable contributing their ideas.
About the Position: Sales Director EMEA – Sustainability
The position offers a unique opportunity to work in a mission-driven organization that is shaping the markets of the future and paving the way for a more sustainable real asset industry.
Your main responsibility is to execute on the GRESB sales strategy for Europe. The European sales strategy is focused on identifying and pursuing prospects and managing existing relationships with investors, managers and partners in the real asset sector. You will be reporting to the EMEA Regional Head.
● Proactively seek new opportunities
● Follow up on incoming opportunities in the European region
● Identify a pipeline of prospective investor and manager members
● Manage relationships with prospects (investors, managers, and partners)
● Represent GRESB at external international events, conferences, working groups, etc.
● 5-10 years’ experience in institutional business development, finance/asset management or consulting
● Master’s degree in a relevant field such as business, economics or sustainable finance
● Experience in business development in the financial sector
● Experience working with Salesforce or another comparable CRM system
● Strong communication skills and IT fluency
● Strong industry networks and the ability to develop these further
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Good organizational skills
● Good data analysis skills
● Fluency in English is mandatory – other European language skills are a plus
● Must possess the right to work in the EU
● Involvement in a fast-growing international organization that is globally recognized as the leading sustainability benchmark for real assets
● Work within a passionate team, dedicated to achieving GRESB’s vision of Sustainable Real Assets
● Compensation that matches your experience and a bonus of up to 20% of your gross salary
● 25 days of paid holidays
● Personal development budget of EUR 2,500 annually
● Free public transport to and from work inside the Netherlands
● Live in Amsterdam, one of the world’s most international and sustainable cities
● Work from home or work from the office: we have adopted a hybrid way of working that supports your preference, depending on COVID 19 regulations
● Company pension plan
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our hiring process is remote via video calls. New hires will have a remote onboarding.
A pre-employment screening and/or assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Please contact Ingrid Reichmann for more information; 035 – 548 0760.