Senior Account Leader Sourcing & Procurement
ASML is a world leader in the manufacturing of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips).
ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products. With every generation, the complexity of producing integrated circuits with more functionality increases. Semiconductor manufacturers need partners that provide technology and complete process solutions. ASML is committed to providing customers with leading edge technology that is production-ready at the earliest possible date. ASML technology is supported by process solutions, enabling customers to gain and sustain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California, Taiwan and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan and the United States. Overall, ASML has more than 80 locations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
To build and lead relationships with the supplier account(s) and to develop the supplier account(s) across its lifecycle.
As Senior Account Leader Sourcing & Procurement you are the first contact for the suppliers at ASML. You strive for long-term cooperation internal and external. Together with 25 Senior Account Leaders (SALs) the Senior Account Leader Sourcing & Procurement covers 35 key supplier accounts. In total ASML works with more than 1.000 suppliers. The Sourcing & Procurement department is responsible for the purchase of 135.000 unique parts for the assembly of the products.
Position in the organization
Within Sourcing & Procurement, the Senior Account Leader reports to the cluster head. Each cluster has dedicated strategy teams.
There are 4 clusters:
- Metrology, Light Sources & Positioning systems.
- Mechatronics & Mechanics,
- Electronics & Machine Conditioning and
The Senior Account Leader:
- builds and leads relationships with the supplier account and develops the supplier account across its lifecycle;
- acts as first point of contact for the supplier and ASML internally (program and operational sectors) and orchestrates an aligned voice towards suppliers;
- manages spend at supplier and executes Cost of Goods target setting of BLs;
- involves suppliers in early stages of the New Product Introduction (NPI) and closes NPI contracts including Cost of Goods roadmaps;
- is chair Supplier Account Team SAT (or oversee multiple SATs depending on supplier), leads supplier strategy and gives input for category strategy;
- prepares and performs commercial contract negotiations and makes deals;
- requests support of Centers of Excellence; involves the right people and acts where necessary and ensures the required handshakes are in place;
- tracks and formalizes (long-term) supplier performance;
- full Quality Logistics Technology Costs Sustainability (QLTCS) accountability for supplier performance and realization of commercial goals;
- Experience in procurement, preferably in the international high-tech industry;
- Understanding of way-of-working in leading-edge product development organization;
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings in highly ambiguous environments;
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and constraints, product life cycle/ market dynamics, and category cluster’s specific requirements.
- Fluency in English;
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Able to build and maintain trusting relationships;
- Prioritization skills, separating core and side topics, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Judge when support is necessary, and know how to involve the right people ;
- Negotiation skills and ability to shape mutual beneficial commercial collaborations;
- Management maturity, able to function well in a matrix organization;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholder;
- Persuasive with advanced sourcing skills;
- Analytical mind and with strong aptitude for figures to manage budgets;
- Experience with effective purchasing and policy decisions;
- Good at planning, budgeting annual spending and managing risks.
- Strong personality: a team player, decisive, taking initiative and giving direction;
- Ability to influence without power;
- Excellent presentation, communication and inter-personal skills;
- Self-starter, goal oriented, high-level of professionalism;
- Strong analytic skills;
- Solution minded/pragmatic.
ASML is supported in this procedure by Nicole Boevé and Karen Kragt, partners at Partners at Work. They will conduct the search and the first interviews with the candidates.
The selection procedure will include multiple interview rounds with Partners at Work and ASML. An extensive pre-employment screening will be part of the selection process. An assessment can be part of the selection process.
If you are interested in this job, upload your CV and motivation via the button SOLLICITEER/APPLY.
Please contact Nicole Boevé or Karen Kragt via 035 – 548 0760 for more information or send an email via n.boevé@partnersatwork.nl or email@example.com.Solliciteer